Nov 5, 2016

Don't wanna work!

Hello there! This post has nothing to do with Japan, it is just gonna be me talking about my future!

Here is the basic gist: I don't wanna grow up! I don't want to have a job where I have to wake up at 7am (or earlier) and be at work at 8, and do not get to leave until atleast 9 hours have gone by. Plus, there might even be some overtime in there, eh.

This is not the kinda future I want. A future where you work 8+ hours a day 5 days a week, with only a 5 to 6 weeks holiday each year. Think about it if you could choose would you choose a life like that?

When I come back to Sweden I want to study something to do with programming and I think I found just the program for me. It is not at the university I first wanted to go to, but it is still a program at one of the top uni's in Sweden.

Thing is, I do not really want to study programming just for finding a job, I wanna study it because it seems like a lot of fun and I want to be able to make my own little games in the future.
Buuuut of course if you study programming (well, software engineering, really, but let's just call it programming) that is what you are going to be working with in the future, right? There are loads of programming jobs and the salary is quite good!

Yes, working with programming seems like it could be lots of fun but it really depends on the company. One company may work with programming for wheel chairs (like where my dad works) while another creates games. The chance that you will get to work in a gaming company though seems pretty low. Everyone wants to work there! (I think?)

Anyway, with programming it doesn't really matter where you work, you will probably have to work overtime. Not always, but if there is a product supposed to be delivered at a certain time you have to pull through and get it finished or else you have failed the customer and the company you work for. Therefore - overtime!

I don't want to work overtime.

Even now, going to school here in Japan where I only have six hours of school every day, I come home some time before 17.30 and more often than not there are a lot of things I need to do, cooking and cleaning and homework etc. I have barely no free-time left to just do what I want to and it really gets to me sometimes. I think about my future and how I don't want it to be but there really is nothing to be done...

What I can hope for is a job that is so much fun that it doesn't even feel like work. But how can I know what such a job would be when I don't even know what I want to work with in the future?

So for now I am really looking forward to going to university, but dreading working life.
Sorry for complaining, haha.


1 comment:

  1. Work at google then. I don't know for sure but I once upon a time: xd read that it is fun to work there.

    ReplyDelete