Aug 11, 2017

Going to visit my student room

I found a student room pretty quickly, which was a big relief, but I was still worried of course. I am just the kind of person who worries a lot even in situations others probably wouldn't worry!
The plan was for me to take the car there with my dad to bring all my stuff on they same day as I would move it, but that didn't really work out.

Instead my mum gave me a ride a few days ago to leave all my stuff, even though I wont be moving in for another 2 weeks. We packed the whole car full of stuff and made the 7 hour ride down to her sisters house where we spent the night.

The next day we took the car out for another 2 hour trip to the student house, and during this trip I was super worried things would just turn to shit. What if we had been played and there was no room for me? What if the house/room was super run down and gross? What if the area sucked? What if the other people living there would seem rude?

But of course, none of those things happened! The house and the room exists and I have keys to both now. The house is in a really nice area, and close to the bus station, food store (and a candy store, oh yea), nice park etc etc. The people I met seem super nice and I like the house and the room and the garden, the area, and everything.

This is a real house in a suburbian area, so it doesn't feel like it's that close to a big city, which I kinda like. It feels a lot like home with the nice green surroundings and the small city center.

The inside of the house and my room is a bit old, and my room needs some new paint. But that's okay, as a student I don't expect 5-star living conditions. It still looks a lot better than my corridor room in Japan, and I still really enjoyed that place.

So all went well, we left the stuff, bought a really nice office chair at a nearby second hand store, ate a good meal at a restaurant and returned to mums sisters house to eat dinner.

I didn't get a chance to visit Gothenburg this time, so that will be my mission next time. And next time I will be moving in once and for all into my student room, and start my studies. And now, since I am not constantly worried any longer, I look forward to the move.

Random inspirational quote found on google!

No comments:

Post a Comment