Jun 15, 2016

Ever the rainy season, and finally got my ticket!

I always forget when the rain period in Japan takes places when someone asks me, but now I am reminded again that it is in June. It doesn't rain every day, some days are sunny even, but if you compare the weekly forecast during the rainy season to when it's not the rainy season you can definitely see a clear difference.
Right now the whole week promises to be cloudy. I don't mind that at all, since it's already hot enough here without the sun.

I have been busy drawing on my manga every day now because I want to finish it before the summer holidays. We actually don't have to hand it in until the 23 of September, but I do not feel like working on it during the holiday since I will be going back to Sweden, and after the holiday I have to start working on a new manga anyway.

While I've been working I have been watching various TV series and now I'm about to finish watching the first season of Arrow (yeah, I'm late!). So my life lately extends to watching TV series on my laptop while drawing manga. Also tried to cut down my food expenses to afford piano lessons so now I am eating dry chicken with dry potatoes or rice almost every day!
Maybe future me can understand why I haven't been able to come up with any interesting blog posts, lol.

But even though nothing interesting is going on right now I am not feeling down! I feel a lot better than I did before when I was still homesick.

Oh, and I finally bought my ticket home for a big sum of money!! But it did not look like the price was going down so I just got the one that looked the best, but wasn't THAT expensive.
So it seems like unless you buy your ticket around six months before departure, it's going to be more expensive. Atleast if you are going to travel during the summer holidays in Japan.

I am guessing it's because people are off from work/school and Japan is friggin hot so they want to travel somewhere not as hot - like Sweden!

Last year when I went back my mum found a ticket for around 83.000 yen, but this time we just had to be happy for a ticket for 115.000 yen because we were out too late..

But this time I am flying with Turkish Airlines, which is going to be a new experience that I hope wont be all too tiring (cuz I gotta fly for forever and then take the train or something for half forever to get to where my parents live in Sweden!).

Anyway, just remember to get your tickets in time, and let the old Japanese people at the same transit as you give you snacks and praise for your Japanese skills (oh it happened)!

2 comments:

  1. Going home is always something we're yearning for. Hope this summer will be a great holiday for you sweetheart:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going home is always something we're yearning for. Hope this summer will be a great holiday for you sweetheart:)

    ReplyDelete