Sep 7, 2016

Procrastination strikes, and it strikes hard!

I have been drawing manga while watching "Supergirl" since I got home from school today, so now I really have to do something else and that is why I am here! Writing yet another post!

I am a person who likes to be very organized and I always make lists of things to try and keep track on what I need to do every day. I also make lists that I then totally ignore, until I make a new very similar list and ignore that too.
These are the lists that contain things I wanna do/learn during my freetime that I do not have to do, no one is forcing me to do them and there is no set goal or deadline.
In fact, this blog is yet another list, for me to look back on in the future! Ok, here goes:

Things I wanna learn/other things I wanna do:

1. Learn how to program in Java - not sure what I wanna learn but I'd like to make some games.

2. Learn more about webdesign such as HTML and CSS to finally be good enough to make beautiful, interactive websites by myself.

2,5. Learn other languages related to web programming like Javascript, MySQL, XML, etc etc

3. Start writing books again and finish writing a full book that might eventually be good enough to get published.

4. Learn how to play the piano

5. Finish all the drawings/paintings I started.

6. "Working out" (just to counteract future backproblems caused by drawing/sitting infront of the computer so much)

7. Read more books

ETC ETC

The list goes on but right now it's number 1, 3 and 4 that I would like to do on pretty much a daily basis. But what do I do instead? YOUTUBE! I watch youtube videos!! When I am not doing schoolwork I am watching videos on youtube as well as movies on other sites and it's taking away all my time.

When I actually do some of the things on my list I give minimum effort, and most likely wont stick to it for even an hour a day and I'm honestly fed up with what I am doing with my life! Why can't I just make an effort?? Why can't I be as diligent with this as I am with my schoolwork when there is a deadline to keep?
Is it really so hard for me to focus on something that I need something like a teacher or employer to give me a serious deadline, or else I wont do anything?

I am sick of this, I am sick of myself and I wish writing this post would make something in me change, and get me on the path of productiveness, but I know it wont. I have already tried things like Leech Block and RescueTime etc, but there is always a way to get what you want (for example I can't block youtube on my tablet as far as I know cuz it's not in the browser!) and I cannot stay productive even with these countermeasures.

There is not really a point with this post, I just simply wanted to get this off my chest and say that I am really disappointed in myself right now..





2 comments:

  1. hahaha, okay this is entertaining me sooo much,since it happens to me lately as well:D But this morning I forced myself to take a walk outside for hal an hour, something that I`ve been promising to myself again and again but never done:(
    I think I know why you get bored and can't stick for long when doing what you've listed up.I myself need a strong reason, stg good enough that will motivate me doing things, otherwise I'll procrastinate..And I need friend to talk to or discuss things to make studying or learning enjoyable. This is the hardest hurdle when I study alone..Like I've told you and you've told me as well before.

    So find a good enough reason that will kick you to do stg and find a friend to talk to about what you're doing. And keep the step simple and slow, don't force to stick for a long time in one sitting, break it apart.

    I wish both of us can keep the goals on track and free ourselves from the chain of procrastination:D
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha, okay this is entertaining me sooo much,since it happens to me lately as well:D But this morning I forced myself to take a walk outside for hal an hour, something that I`ve been promising to myself again and again but never done:(
    I think I know why you get bored and can't stick for long when doing what you've listed up.I myself need a strong reason, stg good enough that will motivate me doing things, otherwise I'll procrastinate..And I need friend to talk to or discuss things to make studying or learning enjoyable. This is the hardest hurdle when I study alone..Like I've told you and you've told me as well before.

    So find a good enough reason that will kick you to do stg and find a friend to talk to about what you're doing. And keep the step simple and slow, don't force to stick for a long time in one sitting, break it apart.

    I wish both of us can keep the goals on track and free ourselves from the chain of procrastination:D
    xo

    ReplyDelete