Sep 27, 2016

What it takes to succeed!

Yello, humans!
This post is kinda about my procrastination again and doesn't really have anything to do with Japan but, w.e. My boring blog, my boring posts.

I've always been looking for ways to help me learn the things I wanna learn in the most effortless way possible. I thought that if I had a piano teacher I would get better at playing the piano a lot faster (because that is what happened in Sweden when I took guitarlessons). But when that didn't really happen with my first piano teacher, I thought that that teacher might not be for me. That she wasn't really teaching me the things I wanted to learn.

So when I got this new piano teacher who is really good (my old one was good too ofc) I thought: Yea, now I will finally learn what I wanted to learn for so long! (which is to read sheet music btw)
But so far, I am still at the same stage I was when I first started the lessons. I can't play the piano, I can't read sheet music. I can't do anything. And then I log onto facebook and see a guy I know has put up yet another piano video, like he does like every other day. And he is teaching himself!

I'm pretty sure he started around the same time I did, but has gone so much further than me. Why?

How come I am not improving at all even though I got this new teacher and have been taking lessons for atleast a year now? Weeeeeeeellllll, my friend (talking to you myself!) you are lacking the DORYOKU!

I have just realized that to succeed at anything you need to make an effort, and I am not really making an effort, am I? I go to my lessons 2 times a month and as of right now I probably only practice playing at home like 3 times between every lesson. And when I do practice it is only for a short period of time, and then I forget all about it.

It's like this with everything I do right now, I don't ever go out of my way to do more than the bare minimum of what I have to. I only need to practice these three parts for my next lesson? I don't even need to know them by heart? Well then I guess I only need to practice for 20 minutes today!

It doesn't matter what you use to learn something, if it is with a teacher or by yourself, by watching youtube videos about it or reading about it. It doesn't make any difference in your learning! All that matters is how much effort you are actually putting into what you want to learn.
Just doing the bare minimum will get you nowhere.

It's the same with manga, and that's why I wont become a mangaka. At school we were told that you don't become a mangaka by creating one manga a year, you become one by creating atleast four times more than that, on a consistent basis. That's how you show the publishers you mean business, you wont give in under pressure and you got what it takes. Effort is how you show that you want something, and that is how you get something in return.

So far I've gotten nothing, nowhere. And I'm the only one to blame for that.

pic from google

1 comment: