Apr 13, 2014

Found Nanbas nerd quarters!

Today I met my cousin for the first time in Japan and we met in Nanba to have a walk around there. My cousin knew the place pretty well so we were able to visit loads of places without getting lost.

After lunch we started searching for stores with manga/games/figurines, mostly because the nerdy me really wanted to :)! And we must've walked right into Nanbas OTAKU part because soon every store was full of what I mentioned above.

First store we went to they had manga, but most of all, they had cosplay and A LOT of VERY otaku-like things like half naked girl/boy body pillows and a corner where you could play some sort of geeky cardgame (though I like geeky cardgames so..). Took a lot of videos in these stores, so you can see what I mean later!

In another store I found figurines of YU-GI-OH characters even! They had Yami Marik, Yami Yuugi and Kaiba, if they would've had Yami Bakura it would've been hard to stop myself from buying it.. (Yes, I love YGO)! In another store I also found Link figurines, one small and one big and I really want the big one because it looks amazing, but but, very expensive >.<

I did buy some things though, most of which are just super boring so I wont mention them, but one being a book full of different poses for manga characters. Since I suck at coming up with poses I feel this book was a catch, and maybe in half a year I can actually read it too!

We got really lucky (at least I feel that way) because we came just in time for a performance of some sort of traditional Japanese dance. I was able to shoot a video of it so if you wanna see what I mean and maybe tell me what it's called, check it out on youtube in the future.

After walking/standing for 5.5 hours though, we we're both tired and decided to call it a day. Walking home it was a total of 6 hours and my feet kept hurting for about 2 more.
It was so much fun though, I would do it again any day. Next time though, I want to find the cat caf'e!

 These games are from a shop that I think sold only "vintage games" and consoles. Really wanna try the Pokémon game there..

 Yeah... they have those horse masks here too -.-
 Below, famous sign in Nanba, you just gotta take a pic of that, everyone does!
 Just cuz, whut?
 Below is the book I bought
 YGO things, don't have a pic of the figurines tho, they are on video instead!

 Link figures! The first one is the small one, the one below is the big one.




No comments:

Post a Comment