Apr 16, 2014

"There's so much anime in Japan, on TV they are probably showing anime all the time!"

Titles says what I tought. Of course the TV couldn't be showing anime all the time but, you know, often. Since there is so much anime in Japan, it has to be this way. When we went to Spain it kind of was, atleast in the morning they showed a whole lot of anime.

In Sweden they very rarely show anime on TV, they once showed some Naruto on ZTV, and some Death Note on another channel but there's never anything consistant. Turning on the TV in Sweden you would be very suprised to see anime showing. Very.

That's why I thought "finally I can watch some anime on TV when I get to Japan!"... but that doesn't seem to be the case.
The school has TV's and more than 5 channels but there has never been any anime on! Well, today I did see something that looked anime-like, but it contained Ironman, Captain America and Thor (among others). Like The Avengers, only a cartoon with kids in it. It might as well have been an american cartoon brought to Japan.

So yea, we don't get anime, it must be hiding in channels that we don't have here at the school. Or, maybe they don't really show that much anime on TV? Will I ever know?! Probably..

For now though I can just be sad that I still can't watch anime on TV, and keep watching those boring talk shows that are always on.

(Oh, and by the way: Japan has a lot of commercials! In Sweden we can watch a show for a long time and then get a looong time for commercials. In Japan, you watch a show for a real short time and then get a very short time for commercials. Don't really know which one I prefer but I find it quite annoying with the very frequent commercials, even if they are short.)

1 comment:

  1. Yes, frequent commercials are SO annoying.
    There's a reason why I have adblock installed in my web browser ... :)

    ReplyDelete