Apr 19, 2014

Osaka castle park - very nice!

Finally I got the chance to go see Osaka castle because someone at school new how to get there. Turns out it was really easy, you just keep walking straight forward until you see the castle on your right, cross the road and then follow the crowd.

I thought that we would see only a castle the grounds of the castle reached so far it took a long time to get there even when you had entered the area. It was all very beautiful, I forgot about the big city and started to think about the fact that "this is how Japan used to look".
The area was very peaceful, and if it wasn't for the fact that I got hungry, I would've probably spent the whole day there mostly just sitting and watching the place.
But since the food sold up there was really expensive + barely any food at all, I left earlier than I wanted. I'm going to go back though! There are still things I want to see (like the big souvenir shop, lol). Next time though, I'll bring my own food and beveridge. ANDDD sunscreen, because now my face is all red and it's probably gonna sting tomorrow!

Up in the castle park the people picking weeds from the ground work in traditional Japanese clothes which is very nice to see. There were also a lot of other people wearing yukatas, and we even saw a person in a kendo outfit, complete with sword.

Next month (?) there's going to be a family festival at Osaka castle, and I really hope we can go.

I would recommend anyone to go to this place, it was really something to see. I didn't enter the castle this time though but next time I come I think I will. You can take the elevator up to the top of the castle and look down onto the grounds. Seems nice. There were also street performers infront of the castle that were quite good.

 First view you see from where we came from. Water surrounding the castle grounds.

 This sign informs about the festival, incase you want to go too. :)

 Wide bridge leading up to the castle grounds.

 Temple (?). To the left there is a board full of wishes on paper/wood (?). Don't remember what they are called.

 The castle itself! Supah cool!

 There was a pond with the nice big fishes that I kind of connect to Japan but which name I cannot recall.

 There was also a turtle in the pond! It walked around on the bottom and came up to breathe every now and then.

 Nice view.

 What are these things called? I can't remember right now -.-

Lucky! Exiting the castle grounds we had the chance to pet a cute cat. It was a stray though, which is sad. 2 other cats were also lurking around. The person we tought owned this cat looked strangely alike my former Japanese teacher...

Just had to show this one too. This is on the castle grounds and people have written love letters. One is for Taka-chan, and one for Kei-chan. xD

No comments:

Post a Comment